Saturday 20 February 2010

sun is shining, the weather is sweet

It's a glorious day.
Sun is shining.
Am I doing something today?

I can feel my heart beating in my head.
I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks.
Partly due to insomnia
but also kids' sleepovers and parents shouting
right outside my door.

Do I have to do something?
Just because it's sunny.
I mean it's not like people are lining up
'round the block to hang out.
It's not like I have a single place to go.
Or a single thing to do.

What if I just want to sleep?
Forever.
Hibernate 'til things start looking up.
Or buy a one-way ticket somewhere else.
Anywhere else.

I think I'll just go back to bed.
Wait for people to reply to my texts.
Or not.
As is so often the case.

Either way, I'm sick of trying.


2 comments:

Hanna said...

it sucks :(

Maskrosmorsan said...

Hmm, hur är det fatt egentligen? Är du längst ner i dalen? I så fall kan det ju bara gå uppåt;-]