Tuesday 22 November 2011

David Crystal and me

Have taken the morning off to finish this bloody essay about the historical development of the English language. I have really struggled with it. I can feel myself slipping back into my old patterns of not being able to finish anything because I put too much pressure on myself to write the best fecking essays ever written... My problem with this essay is twofold: I find the subject really interesting and haven't had any problems grasping the ideas and facts; I have for some reason decided that I want a higher grade for this unit - pass is not enough.
I have given myself a little break now to try and coach myself not to freak out. My thoughts are going something like this: "buck up Sabina, you can do this! Don't worry so much, just write the bloody thing and be happy with whatever grade you get! It's not worth driving yourself to insanity over a merit or distinction!"
So back to Caxton, Johnson and co!


No comments: