Tuesday 14 February 2012

Breaking the fast

I confess, I have jumped on the smoothie bandwagon. Mainly because I'm not very good at eating breakfast (as in I don't) so on the days I'm at college I always find myself starving just before my first lesson and end up buying a chocolate croissant or similar. So in an effort to be more healthy and save some pennies I have started making smoothies that I can take with me and drink on my way there or during the morning lesson.

I just blend some fruit, natural yoghurt and a scoop of protein powder. That way I get some of my 5 a day, calcium and protein. And they're also really filling!

I am still in the process of trying out flavour combination, one of the problems being that I don't like bananas. Today's smoothie is apple and kiwi. I also added some apple juice for a bit of extra sweetness and to make it less thick.
Yum!


No comments: