Sunday 25 September 2011

busy as a bee

Last night was another sleepless one and after struggling to get back to sleep for an hour or so I finally threw in the towel and got out of bed around 8.30.
I made myself a cup of tea and decided to get started on my homework. I read Her Big Chance from Alan Bennett's Talking Heads and because I like his monologues so much I just carried on and read half the book.
I finally told myself that there are no prizes for reading ahead and made a start on something that actually has to be in tomorrow: a flipping person specification and an action plan for applying to uni.
It was around this time that my old friend procrastination popped round and decided to spend the day...
So in the last few hours I've spent maybe half an hour working on my assignment and the rest reading blogs, watching TV, painting my toenails and really anything that isn't schoolwork.
Now, before anyone starts waggling a finger and saying "Now, now Sabina. You really must do your homework..." I'd just like to point out that the thing is more or less finished. It's really just fine tuning at this point.
And it will get done tonight!
Along with my linguistics homework.
So, there!

No comments: