Tuesday 19 January 2010

Just thought I'd share some tags I made
for a swap oven on UKS.
The theme was wintry/icy.


I coloured the tags using my whispers pens
and some shimmer mists.
I then stamped Two different snowflake designs,
in black and silver respectively, all over and put
a blob of glitter stickles in the middle of some of the silver ones.
The big whitish snowflakes (that look like flowers here!)
were stamped on acetate in silver then heat embossed with
an iridescent powder.

Being a cheapo I obviously just bought bog standard
acetate, from an office supply shop,
and not the heat resistant stuff.
It was a bit of a balancing act doing the embossing as
if there was too much direct heat the acetate would buckle,
but too little and the embossing powder wouldn't melt.
I'd heard/read that doing it from below would work
so that's what I did and I kept moving the heat gun.
It kinda seemed to work but next time I'm buying the "proper" stuff!
There was inevitably some warping of the acetate but I
decided that just adds character and dimension.
Right?
That's what I'm going with anyway!
:)

sab x

1 comment:

Maskrosmorsan said...

Det blev ju jättesnyggt!