Tuesday 8 March 2011

Million Women Rise

I have finally, just in time for International Womens Day, managed to upload my pictures from the Million Women Rise march I went to on Saturday! It was a brilliant day, in every way.


I met up with some lovely ladies and we made our way to Hyde Park where the march was leaving from. As I was on my own, the women form LFN took me under their wing (and roped me into help carry the banner!).


 


We admired each others' signs. This one in particular!



Then we set off.


We marched through the streets of central London, chanting and singing.
                                      

At one point even dancing!


The David & Nick sign was one of my favourites!



And the we arrived at Trafalgar Square.
                                                 

Where we listened to many strong women give inspirational speeches.

What a day!

No comments: