Tuesday 12 April 2011

Limoncello Jelly


Limoncello Jelly is a favourite dinner party dessert with my boss.
Whenever she has people over she makes it.
Or rather, being the resident pastry chef, I do.
In fact, it was the first thing I did this morning (well not quite but you get what I mean).
As I've become quite the pro at this I thought I'd share the recipe with you!
You need:
200 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 5-6 lemons)
300 ml Limoncello
100 grams caster sugar
6 gelatine leaves (or vegetarian alternative)
6-8 cocktail, or other nice, glasses.

 To make:
Place the gelatine leaves in 200 ml of cold water to soften.
(for veggie alternative follow instructions on packet)
Strain the lemon juice into a pan and place over a gentle heat.
Stir in the sugar and continue to heat until dissolved.
Add the gelatine leaves to the hot lemon juice and stir until completely dissolved 
and then add the water it was soaking in.
Lastly add the Limoncello and transfer to a measuring jug
to pour into the glasses.

Let the jelly set in the fridge for at least four hours but
ideally overnight.

Et voila!


This picture was taken before they went in the fridge, any foam on the top should disappear as they set.

 
Serve with lightly whipped cream, sweetened with a bit of sugar
and mixed with chopped fresh mint.

Enjoy!

No comments: