Thursday 24 February 2011

Information technology

I'm a complete information junkie and since I got my htc it's only gotten worse. With the events of the last few weeks with the popular uprisings/revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya (and quite a few places in north Africa and the Arab world) I've been alternating between my BBC news feed, Al Jazeera, Reuters, Twitter and really anywhere I can find news of what's going on. It's practically glued to my hand. I watch the TV news several times per day and have even bought newspapers a few times in addition to reading The Times (yuck!) the family I work for have delivered every day and the free Metro I usually pick up at the station.
I want to help, to be out on the streets with these people, but I can't. So I absorb all the information I can instead.
And then there's the earthquake in New Zealand...
A lot of people seem to have died lately, in horrible ways.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say about any of this. There are better places to find information, more well informed sources of opinion.
I will just give you a link to this.

No comments: