Saturday 12 February 2011

They did it

If I was in any way religious I would praise the lord, but I'm not so I'll settle for a Yay, way to go Egypt!
And, in any case it wasn't some god who did this, it was the people. I love it!
I think we all need to stop talking about what this means for "us in the west" and maybe think about what this means for us as human beings. Oil prices? This is democracy. Actually happening right before our eyes. And that can only be a good thing.
A protester, Karim Medhat Ennarah, is quoted in the guardian saying: "For 18 days we have withstood teargas, rubber bullets, live ammunition, Molotov cocktails, thugs on horseback, the scepticism and fear of our loved ones, and the worst sort of ambivalence from an international community that claims to care about democracy. But we held our ground. We did it"
Yes you did. And I bow before you.
I hope it works out for you and you get a leader who is good for you. For your country. You deserve it.
I also thank you for restoring some of my faith in humankind. And making me think that maybe there is some hope after all. For all of us.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments: