Sunday 13 December 2009

The world according to bus drivers

The weirdest thing happened to me today.
I was all the way in the back of a queue waiting to get on a bus.
There were quite a few of us and the bus was filling up.
As all the people before me had got on and I put one foot in the door
to get on, the bus driver said uh-uh and shook his head
in that way that only bus drivers can.
"Sorry love, the bus is full" he said.
I looked around wondering if there was a throng of people
I'd missed trying to get on the bus.
But nope, just little ole' me.
"Are you serious?" I asked "it's just me!"
"Sorry, can't take any more people" the bus driver replied
and closed the door.

I can't be the only one who finds this slightly odd?
It was just me!
What a random place to draw the line for the bus being full,
when there's one person left trying to get on...
I mean, it's not like I came running just as he was
about to close the door.
I'd queued up!
I had waited patiently for my turn!

Bus drivers.
They do seem to live in their own little world...

sab x



No comments: