Saturday 14 May 2011

Juice - day one

So far so good.
Woke up early this morning, the bloody birds wouldn't shut up and the sun had found a crack in the curtain and was shining in my face, but, as everyone else was still sleeping, I didn't want to fire up the noisy juicer.
Thankfully I managed to get back to sleep for an hour or so.
For breakfast I had a  cup of wild fennel tea and juice made with 1 cup of mixed berries (strawberries and blueberries) and 1/2 cup of melon.
I went to the bank and then to the shop to stock up on more fruit and veg for juicing.
Being out and about was difficult, let me tell you! I had to walk past a Greggs, a Starbucks and a Pret A Porter and the smells of the pasties, pastries and coffee were so hard to resist! And once in Sainsbury's I had to walk very quickly past the chocolate and other snacks.
When I got back home (still on the wagon!) I made myself some "lunch" juice of 2 apples, 1/2 a cucumber, 1 stick of celery, a handful of spinach and a handful of mixed greens (kale, watercress and parsley) and 2 tsp spirulina powder. I can't say this juice is yummy but it's alright.
I also made some apple and carrot juice for a "snack" later.
I have to say, I'm regretting not buying a whole fruit juicer. Chopping everything up is quite time consuming and a bit of a hassle. The thing that bugs me the most is that for £10 more I could have bought one but I decided to pinch my pennies.
Oh well, you live and learn!

No comments: