Wednesday 30 September 2009

Don't know what to say...

Been a bit down in the dumps lately...
I think I need to grow a thicker skin.
Not judge everybody by the standards I set for myself.

If I say I'm going do something, I do it.
If I say I'm going to be somewhere, a certain time, I am.
If I love someone, I'll do anything for them.
Move heaven and earth to make them happy.
I can't bear the thought of disappointing or hurting someone...

So I expect the same from everyone else.
I expect them to care as much about me as I do about them.
And then I get disappointed. And upset. And angry.
But what right do I have?
They have to live their life how they choose, who am I to judge?

I have tried caring, loving, less. But I can't.
I don't work that way...

So I have to accept that the people I love don't work the same way as me.
Or bugger off...

Maybe for some people "being tired" is a valid reason for bailing out on a plan.
I always work "late" and I'm usually tired and would never see that as a good enough reason to disappoint a friend. But that's me.
I can't expect others to think the same way, can I?

I need to become more accepting of others.
Grow a thicker skin.
Not judge other by the standard I set for myself.

Now, how do I do that?

sab x

No comments: