Wednesday 16 September 2009

My achy breaky feet

Today has brought no snus...
In fact, we didn't get any post today at all.

I haven't been sleeping very well lately (might have something to do with my withdrawal) and the other day my boss suggested I start doing some gentle exercise in the evening.
Now, I hate exercise. It's evil.
Ok, that's not true, but it's a bloody pain!
Anyhoo, since I had set my sights on trying this recipe I found for apple and rosehip jelly this weekend, I thought: I'll go for a walk down by the river and see if I can find some.
(I had found some in another spot but have been informed by my mum that they're too close to the road to use. Hi Mum!!)
And what do you know, I found some. In fact I found loads...
Only problem was, it was on the other side of a rather high fence.
No problem, thinks I, I can fit my hand through here and grab some.
It worked. I looked like an idiot, and got more than a few sideways glances, but it worked.
At some point I realised I'd started humming to myself, and that probably added to the appearance of madness, so I stopped that.
I couldn't get that many (or rather ran out of patience) so I only got maybe 200g but I've decided to go back tomorrow and bring some sort of implement with me.
You know, to pull the branches towards me...
I'll have to see what I can find.

Oh, and bye the by, don't wear Primark pumps if you're going for an hours walk by the river.
It's like walking barefoot on all the stones and sharp things and general debris...

Hasta la vista baby!
Sab x









No comments: